DIA GREAT HALL PROJECT
The Great Hall Project is a large renovation of the existing Denver International Airport, Jeppeson Terminal. We were hired by Engineered Demolition, Inc. to analyze the existing structure to support the proposed means and methods of their demolition scope. This analysis required us to determine the design loads of the demolition process and compare them with the design loads of the existing structure. In some cases, we had to analyze the existing structural members when load comparisons did not work. The analysis of demolition operations for phase 1 include...
- moving selected demolition equipment across specific locations of the existing structure to remain
- using robotic demolition equipment in specific directions
- creating temporary debris pile locations
- removing large portions of the existing structure
- temporary shoring of the existing structure