This custom home in Evergreen, Colorado was designed in conjunction with Tucker Johnson Architects. The house is located on a steep hillside allowing for extensive views as well as some fun and interesting structural challenges. The primary floor level and garage floor are constructed of concrete on metal deck supported by a mixture of steel and wood beams. The finished floor will be the concrete and it will be polished on the interior.
Some of the attractive design features that required specific structural attention are...
- flat roof design with large overhangs
- full height floor to ceiling window openings
- large cantilevered floor and deck
- chimney with 3 sided fireplace opening
- vehicle lift installed on elevated garage floor structure
- large aquarium supported by elevated structure
- interior steel stair feature with maximum exposure from 3 sides